Help us celebrate the 60th Anniversary of A.G. Russell Knives.
In 1964, several new and unique ideas came from the mind of a man on a simple farm in Northwest Arkansas. The first was the beginning of our company, A.G. Russell Knives. Over the decades, this mail order company has provided fuel for the many other developments that came from that same mind. Those include, but definitely are not limited to:
• the first after market vehicle for the sale of handmade knives – A.G. Russell's List of Knives for Immediate Delivery (now The Cutting Edge®)
• the concept and promotion of the Knifemakers Guild for handmade knifemakers
• the first Knife Collectors Club
• the first Limited Edition, Serial Numbered knives
• the first collaboration between a handmade knifemaker and a manufacturer (the Schrade Loveless hunter)
• the first retail website exclusively for the sale of knives
Always, A.G. and his company have promoted and supported makers of handmade knives as well as American brands of manufactured knives.
In a letter to the editor of Blade magazine, on Billy Mace and Beverly Imel's induction into the Cutlery Hall of Fame, Beverly wrote the following: "The question one might ask is, What if there had been no Guild? But the more important question to pose is, What if there had been no A.G. Russell?"*
If you have stories about A.G. or A.G. Russell Knives, particularly if those stories come from the late 1960s, 1970s and 1980s, we would love to have a letter or email with that story. Please mail to Goldie, personal, A.G. Russell Knives, 2900 S 26th St, Rogers, AR 72758 or email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wishing Everyone All the Best in 2024,
Goldie Russell, President
A.G. Russell Knives, Inc.