A.G. Russell is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy is designed to help you understand what information we collect, when we collect it, and how we use the personal information you provide us.
Information We Collect:
We may collect Personally Identifiable Information (including name, address, telephone number(s), email address and, when necessary, credit card information), when you:
- Place an order from our catalog or on any of our websites
- Make a purchase in our retail store
- Return or exchange an item
- Request a catalog
- Receive a gift package
- Subscribe to our Weekly Email Specials
You may chose to provide this information or not, but if you choose not to provide the information we request, it may affect your ability to make a purchase, participate in special offers, or access certain content on our websites.
You can visit any of our websites without revealing any personal information about yourself; all personal information is collected on a voluntary basis only. However, our servers track Internet domain addresses from which you enter our websites. This information is not personally identifiable, and individual users will remain anonymous until you choose to tell us who you are.
We may use the information you provide to:
- Process and track your order
- Contact you about the status of your order
- Send you catalogs or information on promotions you may be interested in
- Improve our selections of products
- Improve customer service
- Send you our Weekly Email specials, but only if you have specifically requested them
- Provide information regarding product recalls
- Your email address will only be used for our Weekly email specials or for communication.
We do not share your email address.
A.G. Russell is committed to protecting your privacy. We use a variety of current technology and processes in order to protect our customer data. We limit the amount of information we provide our contractors to only what they need to complete their responsibilities.
We urge you to keep the password you use on our websites in a safe place and to not divulge it to anyone. Also, remember to close your browser when you have completed your visit to our websites, especially if you share a computer or are using a computer in a public place, such as a library or a hotel. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, and enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed offline and are not stored on our web servers.
Use of "Cookies":
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled. It will turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service at 800-255-9034.
Information We May Share With Others:
We do contract with other companies, (credit card processors, answering services, website developers and others) who provide services to AG Russell in order to fulfill orders and maintain our websites. In some instances these companies may have access to your personal information, but they are obligated by contract to maintain the confidentiality of the information and to use it only for the purpose of completing AG Russell business. These other companies also have security measures in place to protect your information.
At times, we may make our mailing list (names and addresses only) available to carefully screened third parties whose products or services we think may be of interest to you. If you prefer that we do not share any information with these companies you may choose to opt out by contacting us at:
A. G. Russell Knives Attn: Customer Service 2900 S. 26th Street Rogers, AR 72758 or call us at: 800-255-9034
Or you may use our Contact Us form. You must provide us with your exact name, address and the email address if applicable, in order for us to identify you correctly. Because our mailings are planned in advance, it may take several weeks for your request to become effective.
We also reserve the right to disclose your personal information to third parties if we are required to do so by law or believe that such action is necessary in response to a legal process, like a search warrant or subpoena, to investigate fraud, or to protect our rights and property.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide the user with a positive experience.
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data via advertising cookies and anonymous identifers
We, along with third-party vendors, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (like the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email
• Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification
• Within 7 business days
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to unsubscribe from emails, and spells out tough penalties for any violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
To be in accordance with CAN SPAM we agree to the following:
• NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
• Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can:
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
- Or use our Contact Us form.
2900 S. 26th St
Rogers, ARKANSAS 72758-8571
Last Edited on 2015-07-24