Placing an Order
- How do I take care of my knife?
- Where can I learn more about knives in general?
- Where can I learn more knife terms?
- What is an Integral Blade? What does drop forged mean?
- How can I get my knife professionally sharpened?
- Which Sharpening tools are the best to use?
- How do I use sharpening stones?
- Where can I find sharpening videos?
Placing an Order
What is the difference between shipping options?
Standard shipping may be done through FedEx or the US Postal System. Any delivery made to a P. O. Box will be through the US Postal System. Rush Shipping Options are through FedEx to your physical address. (Reference Shipping Options for delivery times.)
Why do I have to pay sales tax?
Due to state and federal laws, customers whose mailing address is within the state of Arkansas must pay sales tax.
I am not receiving an offered discount.
If you have a keycode, and have input it into the keycode box on your shopping cart page, but are not seeing a discount, please try the following steps.
- Continue to checkout -- you will see another keycode box.
- If your keycode does not appear in this box, then it hasn't been entered correctly, or has been rejected.
- Enter your keycode in this box and press "Apply Keycode". Do this BEFORE entering your credit card information. The page should reload with the discounted prices visible.
- If you are still not seeing your discount, verify that you have entered the keycode correctly, and that the offer has not expired.
- If you are sure you have entered the keycode correctly, that the keycode has not expired, and you are still not receiving the discount, please include a note for customer service in the "Instructions" box in the shipping options section. We will make sure that the discount is applied to your order. Please note that in this case the discount will not appear on your order confirmation. Also note that not all keycodes give special prices.
How do I know if an item is in stock?
- Every item has a message that will let you know about the stock level for that item. Items marked "In Stock" are on our shelves and you should experience no delay in receiving your order. "Unavailable" items are currently in backorder. You may experience some delay in getting your order. "Low Stock Call For Availability" means there is only a small quantity on our shelves. This may be a temporary situation or it may indicate the end of a model. If several orders are placed for this item at the same time, we may not be able to fill all orders before the item goes into backorder. If it is important that you receive your item promptly, we recommend you call Customer Service to place your order at 800-255-9034.
- Some custom order items may have different messages that tell you about how long you will have to wait to receive that item. In cases where only some items are on hand and others on backorder, we will ship non-backordered items separately, but you will only pay a single shipping charge.
Why do you need my email address?
A.G. Russell uses your email address only to communicate with you regarding your orders, such as shipping confirmation and tracking information. You will not receive marketing emails unless you opt-in. We DO NOT sell or rent your email address! If you do want to opt-in to receive our Weekly emails, you can sign up by clicking Request A Catalog at the very top of the page. There you can select whether you wish to receive catalogs, emails, or both.
Did you email me and ask for my credit card information?
NO. A.G. Russell will NEVER ask you to provide credit card information by email. If we do need to resolve credit card problems with your order, you may receive an email asking you to contact our customer service department. We do not communicate credit card information by email. We will contact you via telephone if necessary.
Why won't you ship to my country / state?
Various state and federal export and knife laws keep us from shipping certain knives to certain locations. Additionally, the risk of credit card fraud in certain areas of the world prevents us from taking orders via web from some countries. Although most of this information is handled automatically by the website, knife laws can change. If you would like to place an order, and the website will not let you, please call our customer service department at 800-255-9034 or 479-631-0130.
Why don't you accept Diners Club or Paypal?
The credit cards we accept are the ones that work for our business and for our customers. We do accept personal checks and money orders. You may print your order just prior to check out and mail it along with your check or a money order to:
A.G. Russell Knives
2900 S 26th St.
Rogers, AR 72758-8571
I would like to return my purchase. How do I do that?
A.G. Russell has one of the most solid guarantees of any retail company operating today. Simply put: We guarantee total satisfaction. You decide what satisfaction means; you decide how long you are entitled to be satisfied (exception is for electronic devices. Please refer to our Satisfaction Guarantee for more details). If you need to return a product, please ship it to the following address (a return address label is provided on the invoice for your convenience) or use our Contact Us form to receive more information. Please return all parts of the product, including the warranty information and the product box.
A.G. Russell Knives
2900 S 26th St.
Rogers, AR 72758-8571.
Please include a brief description of why you are returning your purchase. We strive to provide top quality products and customer service, and customer feedback is an important part of that process.
My email address has changed. How do I update it on agrussell.com?
Use our Contact Us form to give us your new email address or call customer service at 1-800-255-9034. Be sure to give us enough information to identify your account to change your email.
I would like to cancel my order? How do I do that?
Use our Contact Form to contact our customer service department, or call 1-800-255-9034. If it has not already processed, customer service will be able to cancel it for you. Note that it may take up to an hour for orders to appear in customer service. Please be patient.
How do I send a gift?
To send your order as a gift, select which address you would like to send your gift to, add a gift message (and who it is from), and be sure to give us any instructions you have for us in the Special Instructions comment box. Also please indicate where you want a copy of the invoice to be sent by checking the appropriate box on this same screen.
I signed up for the weekly email, and now I don't want it anymore. How do I stop getting it?
There is an opt-out link at the bottom of every A.G. Russell weekly email. This link opens up an email to us with your customer number. We use your customer number to find your account, and then we will mark you as DO NOT EMAIL. You will not receive those weekly emails until you again ask us to send them. We would only use your email address to contact you regarding your orders. We never share your email address with other companies.
Remove me from your mailing list! I do not wish to receive your catalog anymore.
We're sorry to lose you! If we have disappointed you, please contact customer service to see if we can resolve your complaint. It's rare that there's a customer complaint that we can't resolve for you. To be removed, please our Contact Us form or call us at 1-800-255-9034 and ask to stop receiving our catalogs. Make sure to give us the address you want removed from the mailing list.
Where are all the knives?
You can find the knives by clicking "Knives" on the top menu on the left side. From there you can narrow your search by brand, or use the filters to get really specific! If you are using the filters and no results are showing up, you may have too many filters checked or the filters you’ve chosen do not make sense to the website. For example, if you click on "Knife Type: Axes" and then click on "Lock Type: Lockback," you won’t get any results (as axes do not fold and do not have locks). Try reducing some of the filters you are using until you get more results. The results should load automatically, and if they do not within 15 seconds, try refreshing your browser. You may also do a search for knives by type, manufacturer, or purpose from the search box at the top right of every page.
Your site looks terrible in my browser!
We're interested in knowing what browser (Safari 6.1.6, Internet Explorer 9, etc.) and what operating system (Windows 10, Mac 10.5, etc.) you are using. As the web advances, it becomes possible for us to offer more features to more users, but it becomes harder and harder to program a website so that it works in every browser.
I keep getting a warning about using Internet Explorer 7
Internet Explorer 7 is now a very old browser. Unfortunately, we can only support Internet Explorer 9 and newer. We recommend that you update your browser to the newest version of Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer.
I found a typo / bug.
Please send a detailed description of where the bug / typo can be found using our Contact Us form. Click on "Internet Issues" if the typo/bug is on the web. We will address the issue and someone will get back to you shortly. We appreciate your help!
Does it cost anything to use the Knife Encyclopedia?
No, this is a free service provided by A.G. Russell™ Knives to the knife community.
May I copy some or all of the Knife Encyclopedia on my website?
No. The Knife Encyclopedia is copyrighted by A.G. Russell™ Knives and may not be reproduced. Feel free to link to the Knife Encyclopedia from your website, however. See Logo and Linking for information on how to do this, or use our Contact Us form to receive more information.
I found an error / omission in the Knife Encyclopedia.
Thanks! Please report your finding to our Contact Us form. We greatly appreciate your help.
Why isn't my question on the FAQ?
Probably because we haven't heard it yet! We update the FAQ as a result of customer questions and input. If this FAQ didn't answer your question, please use the Contact Us form or call our customer service at 800-255-9034 and we will do our best to resolve your issue.